Feeling anxious or struggling to focus in class? Try a quick brain break by doing hand breathing. It will calm your mind, so you can refocus on your work.
1. Place either your left or right hand palm side down on a desk or other flat surface with your fingers spread out.
2. With the pointer finger of your opposite hand, slowly trace your pinky finger as you breathe in.
3. When you get to the tip of your pinky finger, pause for a moment and hold your breath.
4. Then slowly move down your pinky finger as you exhale.
5. Repeat with the other fingers on your hand.
6. You can do this breathing strategy as many times as you need to until you’re feeling relaxed and ready to learn.